Opening Hours of Barcelona Cathedral | Mass Timings, Holidays, And Best Time to Visit
Constructed over 150 years, the first stone for the Barcelona Cathedral was laid on 1st May 1298 under the rule of James II the Just, then King of Aragon and Count of Barcelona. This UNESCO world heritage site welcomes more than a million visitors every year. Read on to find out more about the opening hours, the best time to visit, and other such vital information.
Barcelona Cathedral Opening Hours
Opening Hours for Worship and Prayer
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm / 5:45 pm - 7:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm / 5:15 pm to 8 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am - 1:45 pm / 5:15 pm to 8 pm
Cultural and Tourist Visiting Hours
- Monday - Friday: 10:30 am - 6:30 pm (access will be closed at 6 pm)
- Saturdays: 10:30 am - 5 pm (access will be closed at 4:30 pm)
- Sunday: The Barcelona Cathedral is closed on Sundays for cultural and tourist visits until further notice.
Visit Duration: It will take around 1-2 hours to fully explore the Barcelona Cathedral.
Getting to Barcelona Cathedral
Frequently Asked Questions About Barcelona Cathedral Opening Hours
A. You can visit the Barcelona Cathedral from Monday - Friday between 10:30 am - 6:30 pm (access will be closed at 6 pm).
A. You can visit the Barcelona Cathedral between 10:30 am - 5 pm on Saturdays.
A. On weekdays, access will be closed at 6 pm. On Saturdays, you cannot access the cathedral after 4:30 pm.
A. The Barcelona Cathedral is closed on Sundays for cultural and tourist visits until further notice.
A. You will need anywhere between 1-2 hours to fully experience the cathedral.
A. You can attend the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament mass at 9 am, 11 am, 7:15 pm (Catalan), and at 12 pm (Spanish).
A. The High Altar mass is hosted on Sundays and on other holidays in both Catalan and Spanish